Saturday, 26 September 2009

My fashion icons; part 1

I've looked up to many quirky, well dressed ladies, & gents over the years. Here I'll be paying homage to a few of my favourite fashion icons.

Candida doyle

Pictured right; with Jerry Hall from 'This is Hardcore' album.

Even at the age of 11 when I first stumbled upon Pulp, I was instantly inspired by keyboardist Candida doyle's style.

Adorning knitwear, mini skirts, & quirky tights; alongside the most fascinating selection of plastic rings I'd ever seen. Part retro quirykness, part colourful explosions encased in resin. The selection of rings stood out in the most amazing fashion, but blended wonderfully with the rest of her look; a mix of stripes, cable knits, pale coloured tights, and bright plastic rings.

Her quintessentially quirky style influenced on me, & inspired part of my own personal style to date.

The major influence on me at first was the plastic rings; picking up cheap but quirky plastic rings whenever the oppourtunity arose, something that I still do today. With an absurdly large collection that must be a small selection compared to her own (which I once attempted to win in a fan club competition).

But the overall appearance of Candida's style; the quirky skirts, & knitwear have left a long lasting impression on me, and inspired a large part of my wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails