Wednesday, 13 January 2010

New season favourites - a wishlist of sorts

It's only early into January but new pieces are already emerging from this seasons new lines. Here's a few of my favourite picks so far.



Paul smith 'Black'; I adore this polka dot shirt with such a cute cut and pattern it's perfect for both quirky work attire and day to day wear. Would also look darling with the high waisted skirts in the collection!

I'm also adoring the wonderfully kitsch cardigan printed top in the 'Paul' range, and the quirky shoe print socks.

I'm adoring the vintage styled pieces coming into style this season. Going back to my fashion icon post on Candida Doyle this Marc Jacobs cardigan is just the sort of cardigan that fits in perfectly with her wardrobe.
The stripes and intarsia spots make such a cute contrast to the gold buttons.

Theres a distinct turn to nautical influences in this seasons collections; not to dissimilar to the same style 2 years back. I'll be digging out my anchor pendants, and stripey tees!


I'll be teaming them up with new pieces like this military dress at Urban outfitters that has such a strong nautical look about it whilst also making a perfect day frock. Teamed up with a few of the heart & anchor pendants at Topshop, and a stripey bow for a darling look.

Whilst theres also a turn to nautical style theres also a lot of vintage, and classic style emerging with nods to outfits with influences of 40's style amongst vintage prints with a modern cut.

Theres plenty of polka dots, frilly playsuits, tunics, and vintage babydoll frocks amongst new high street collections. But it's early days yet with still more new pieces to emerge in this seasons collections I'll be keeping my eye out for more.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails