Thursday, 9 December 2010

The vintage tour part 2


My what a busy few weeks I've had, with an abundance of vintage fairs to visit even with the horrendous cold snap that we've had recently.

I picked my tour back up in Leeds for what was the pop up vintage shop in The corn exchange, somewhat disappointing though as the only pop up store I found was a vintage hairdressers nestled amongst some tables. There were plenty of vintage shops but whether they were part of the pop up fair or not I couldn't tell, so a somewhat baffling visit.

After that I made my way to the Handbags and gladrags vintage fair in Liverpool. Set in the gorgeous surroundings of Kingdom bar, it was a small affair but there was the equally tasty Christmas cupcake section and a stunning bar area so it was quite a pleasant shopping experience and day out.

Then came the last minute trip to Chester for Just another vintage fair, a slightly regular event in the area this was set at Cruise nightclub, somewhere new since my last visit to the area. A grand two floor event with a random mixture of vintage traders and local bands; personally I could have done without the local bands on show on the bottom floor but with the floors split it just meant having to flit across the floor to get in & out.

There was a marvelous selection of traders on show though, and it made for a good last minute day out.

Finishing off my tour I managed to pop a vintage pop up shop in by accident for the day job, I swung by Clothes show live and managed to stumble upon Anita's vintage fair's pop up shop. A vintage fair I'd been meaning to take in but kept missing, so to find it by accident was a great find!

There was a great selection of everything from home wares to clothing, so managed to have a good little rummage and grab a few stunning brooches too.

That's most of my vintage fair going's done for the year; there's a couple more to take in if I find the time but if not I'll be pencilling a few in for January to kick start the new year. I could get used to flitting around the North West in the name of vintage fashion blogging!

Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails